Phone: + 58 212 201 8532
Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Candidate for the diploma of Civil Procedural Law Specialist. Universidad Central de Venezuela. 2015.
- Graduate studies in Constitutional Law, Major in Administrative and Contentious-Administrative Law. Instituto de Estudios Constitucionales. Caracas, Venezuela. 2010.
- Law Degree. Universidad José María Vargas. 2010.
Ana joined HPCD in 2011. Before joining the Firm, she worked at Rodríguez Lanz & Asociados in the civil, commercial and contentious-administrative law practice areas. She was also an attorney at Great Wall de Venezuela, handling commercial and civil matters, and an intern at Márquez & Márquez Abogados, gaining experience in trademarks, patents and sanitary registrations. Nowadays, she works at Hoet Peláez Castillo & Duque as an Intellectual Property Attorney.
- Prosecution in the trademark registration process at the Trademark Office.
- Intellectual Property contentious matters: Oppositions, administrative appeals, cancellation and nullity actions, compliance of the client’s rights against infringers, and defense against trademark infringement prosecutions, trade dress and unfair competition infractions.
- Judicial procedures related to Intellectual Property.
- Drafting and negotiation of trademark co-existence agreements and other trademarks agreements.
- Advice on registration strategy and trademark use risk.
- Protection of well-known trademarks
- Advice on applying administrative injunctions and judicial proceedings to Intellectual Property-related matters.
- Colegio de Abogados de Caracas [Caracas Bar Association]. Venezuela
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI).
- Venezuelan Association of Industrial Property Agents (COVAPI).
- Science, Technology, and Innovation Act. Intellectual Property Focus Americas 2014. United Kingdom.
On the verge of rescuing IP. Intellectual Property Focus Americas 2012. United Kingdom.