Correo electrónico: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telefóno:+ 58 212 201 8564
Areas of Practice
- General Advice
- Multiple Protection Analysis
- Administrative Recourses – Intellectual Property
- Trademarks and Patents changes and license recordals
- Master of Laws in International Law. Southern Methodist University. USA. 1999
- Law Degree. Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Venezuela. 1995
Alicia joined Hoet & Partners as an attorney in 2001, and has been a Partner since 2013. She worked as a Legal Assistant at Adair Law Firm in New York, USA. during 1996-1998, and also as Legal Assistant for Peter Winship, Specialist in International Commercial Law at Southern Methodist University in Texas, USA during 1998-1999. In 1992, she began her professional practice in Venezuela as a Legal Assistant at Bentata Hoet & Asociados, currently Hoet & Partners.
- Defense and protection of Intellectual Property Rights before the administrative instances, through Administrative Recourses and Appeals.
- IP portfolios management. Filing and follow-up of local and foreign trademarks, patents, including searches, filing, oppositions, cancellation and nullity actions, and assisting in the defense of trademark infringement accusations, trade dress infringement and unfair competition, and recordal of ownership changes.
- Drafting and negotiation of trademark co-existence agreements and other trademark agreements.
- Advice on filing strategies and risks in the use of trademarks.
- Protection of well-known trademarks.
- Advice on applying administrative injunctions and judicial proceedings to Intellectual Property-related matters.
- International Trademarks Association (INTA). Member of the Free Trade Areas Subcommittee, part of the Harmonization Committee. 2014-2016.
- Industrial Property Agent since 2001.
- International Bar Association.
- Venezuelan Association of Industrial Property Agents (COVAPI)
- Contributes writing and updating Non-Use Cancellation Actions Proceedings for INTA since 2010.
- El riesgo de confusión entre marcas [The risk of likelihood of confusion]. Ámbito Jurídico. 2007.