Teléfono: + 58 212 201 8562
Areas of Practice
- General Advice
- The Power MBA (Candidate). The Power Business School. Spain 2023
- Summer Program, University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce Center for Intellectual Property. 2008.
- Studies in Simulation Systems at Harvard University, and other studies at Suffolk University. 1996.
- Master in Marketing. Universidad Metropolitana. 1991.
- Industrial Engineer, Major in Manufacturing Systems. Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. 1990.
Hugo has been HPCD’s IP General Manager since 2001 and became a partner in 2010, gaining vast experience in patents and trademarks.
- More than 20 years of experience in the IP flied focusing on patents.
- Partner responsible for the ISO Certificate of Quality.
- Has represented HPCD in several international conferences such as AIPLA, INTA and APAA.
- 10-year experience at Gillette Co. in Venezuela, USA and Argentina, gaining practical experience in the operational and commercial fields.
- Developed plans for launching new products into the Latin American market while at Latin American Gillette’s Headquarters, in Boston, obtaining an excellence certificate for obtaining the goals established by the QAT.
- Board member of the Canadian-Venezuelan Chamber of Commerce and President of the Promotion and Events Commission
- Ex-chairman and active member of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Venezuelan-American Chamber of Commerce (VenAmCham)
- Member of the German-Venezuelan Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Pro Bono Collaborator: Fundación Proyecto Dar, Fundación Miel y Candela, a Toda Vela y Asociación Civil Aldeas Agua Dulce
- Member of the Venezuela-Italian Chamber of Commerce (CAVENIT)
- Editorial Board of The Patent Lawyer Magazine
- Individual member AIPPI
- Observer for APAA
- How will new IP legislation affect rights holders. IAM Magazine. 2015
- Venezuela: Competing laws. The Patent Lawyer Magazine. 2015
- Venezuela: Time of opportunities? The Asian Patent Attorney’s Annual. 2015.
- Overcoming hurdles: the IP system in Venezuela. Managing Intellectual Property. 2015.
- Rapprochement with clients is much closer. MarcaSur Internacional. 2014
- Nueva era en la prestación de servicios de la Propiedad Intelectual [New era in the Intellectual Property service provision]. MarcaSur
- Venezuela: What next for industrial property as Venezuela leaves the Andean Community? IAM Magazine. 2010
- Managing Intellectual Property: IP Stars 2014 -Present
- Expert Guide Rising Star 2015-2016