Areas of Practice
- General Advice
- Multiple Protection Analysis
- Data Privacy Protection
- LifeSciences and Biotechnology
- Administrative and Court remedies applied to Intellectual Property
- Master in Business Administration. Golden Gate University. San Francisco, California. USA. 2012
- Master of Laws in Intellectual Property. The John Marshall Law School. Chicago, Illinois. USA. 2008
- Law Degree. Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Caracas, Venezuela. 2005
Joaquín joined Hoet & Partners in 2012 and became partner in 2016. He worked for many years in an renowned law firm in the USA, where he gained a valuable international perspective. He started his professional career in 2004 and has worked in other well-known intellectual property firms in Venezuela.
- General advise on trademarks, patents and copyright related matters.
- IP portfolio management.
- Prosecution of domestic and foreign trademarks, patents and copyright, including searches, filings, oppositions, cancellation and nullity actions, defense against trademark and trade dress infringements and unfair competition accusations, as well as to IP mergers and acquisitions related matters.
- Protection strategies involving well-known marks.
- Drafting and negotiation of coexistence agreements and other IP related agreements.
- Drafting and monitoring of cease and desist letters related to intellectual property infringements.
- Advise on IP strategies and risk of use of trademarks.
- Advise on Biotechnology and Life Sciences.
- Data protection strategies.
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Lex Mundi (LM)
- The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- Venezuelan Association of Industrial Property Agents (COVAPI)
- Colegio de Abogados de Caracas [Caracas Bar Association]. Venezuela